Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
We are currently accepting applications from businesses based in Santa Barbara or Ventura counties for both First and Second Draw loans. As the largest community bank on the Central Coast with assets over $1.9 billion, MB&T is proud to participate and secure as much funding for Central Coast businesses as possible through this most recent stimulus package.
- MB&T business or MB&T 2020 PPP client: you will be required to authenticate to begin your application. Please review authentication details here.
Non-MB&T client: you will need to provide us with required documentation during the process.
The three programs each have a unique set of criteria, date of availability and guidelines.First Draw
Available to eligible entities that did not receive a PPP loan in 2020Second Draw
Available to current PPP borrowersModified First Draw
Available to current PPP borrowers
- If you are an Accommodation & Food Service business (NAICS begins with 72) you are eligible for up to 3.5 payroll (2019 or 2020).
- Receipt of the email and/or access to the application link is not a representation of your eligibility. We recommend you consult with your accountant or other tax professional and the SBA guidance to determine and confirm your business’ eligibility for each type of available PPP loan.
- Approval will not be instant, unlike prior PPP rounds. The SBA expects approvals 1-2 days after an application is submitted by the financial institution and has reserved the right to ask additional questions of the borrower.
- Applications will only be accepted online through our application portal, we will not be accepting paper / hand-filled applications. However, our Relief Center specialists are happy to assist and can be reached at our Relief Center M – F from 9am-2pm at 1-833-628-4722.
- We will not pay Agents for assistance they may provide an applicant in obtaining a PPP loan.
- We anticipate program changes will occur based on the degree of changes the SBA made during the 2020 program.
- More details are available through our FAQ.
- Do not use Internet Explorer; please select a different browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari) to access the application.
PPP Forgiveness Program
We initiated our Forgiveness Program in mid-November. However, following the recent approval of the new COVID-19 stimulus package we are pausing our Forgiveness Program. Once the SBA has issued final guidance on the required changes to the Forgiveness Program, including streamlining the process for loans < $150,000, we will adjust and redeploy our program.
- While you may be able to submit a Forgiveness application through the PPP application portal (see the email from MB&T Relief Center) we encourage you to hold on submitting an application until the SBA has released new guidance and a potential new Forgiveness application.
- Please continue to check this page for updates, as well as look for email communications from our Relief Center on this program.
- If your application is in progress, please contact your Relief Center specialist regarding next steps.
We understand this continues to be a challenging time for many across our communities, and we are proud to be able to stand with and in support of our Central Coast communities during this unprecedented time. Thank you for your patience throughout this process, and please stay safe and healthy.
Additional resources can be found at the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
MB&T COVID-19 Loan Relief Center
1(833)-MBT4SBA or 1-833-628-4722
Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 2:00pm