Last updated April 4, 2013
Personal Information We Collect Online
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as name, address, telephone number, taxpayer identification number, or account numbers. We collect this information online when you complete one of our online forms, surveys, applications or other online fields that request this type of information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to send you important information regarding our online site ("Sites"), changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you;
- to allow you to apply for one of our products and evaluate your eligibility for such a product;
- to verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information;
- to allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose Personal Information;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Sites, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, to comply with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Aggregated and De-identified data
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that our Sites function properly and for security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Sites, pages visited, and language preferences. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize your experience while visiting the Sites, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products. We also gather statistical information about the usage of the Sites in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements, to understand how customers use the Sites and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Sites.
- You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Sites and some online products. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, compile statistics about usage and response rates, and to assist us in resolving customers' questions regarding use of our Sites.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that the bank may create or compile from various sources, including accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual customers, is used by the bank for its business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Social media sites
Montecito Bank & Trust safeguards your personal information online by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your personal information such as User Ids, Passwords, and account information over the internet. As a security measure, you may access your account information online from our website only if you have registered with Montecito Bank & Trust online banking. For more information on the security of our online banking solutions, visit our Online Demos & Customer Education page where you will find interactive videos about this and other topics.
Protecting children's privacy online
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the Federal Trade Commission website.